I said to Be Bold! – in whatever way possible.
Not where you were comfortable being bold. Where you are UNCOMFORTABLE being bold.
If you are comfortable, what’s the point of being bold if there is no follow-through?
The host said no one had ever given that piece of advice before. I was a bit surprised, however, looking at who I am and how I operate with myself as well as with clients, I am a bit rebellious and like being different from everyone around me. Not that I strive for that; with me, it’s now natural.
Are you an expert in your field, whether an entrepreneur or corporate exec? Even those who have a corporate job, need to be bold. Especially these individuals, or they will be lost in the crowd.
Corporate Pros sometimes leave their jobs to start their own business. Shocking, right? No, it’s not shocking at all. People with experience who first go into the corporate environment eventually have the desire to go out on their own. An Apple employee/designer of the iPhone left Apple after thirty years. Guess who his first client is – Apple!
Some people who held onto their day job while starting big businesses:
- Phil Knight spent five years selling his athletic shoes before leaving his full-time job in accounting. The company he started? Nike.
- Sara Blakely developed her idea for Spanx over the course of years and kept her full-time job selling fax machines in the meantime. Forbes currently estimates Blakely’s net worth at $1 billion.
- Markus Persson was a programmer who built video games on the side. He first put up Minecraft, unfinished, on a gaming portal. He kept his day job for a full year before committing to Minecraft full-time, eventually selling it to Microsoft for $2.5B
These people were bold with a capital B, yet they held on to their day jobs while going through the emotional and financial struggles of the entrepreneur.
All while being bold. And brave; this is quite a combination.
Bravery is not a quality of the body. It is of the soul. – Mahatma Gandhi
Once you start being bold and brave, your fear is gone. Your fear will no longer have power over you.
Do you want some tips on Being Bold in your life?
Contact me here:
- Episode #304: Fractional Work: The Secret to Immersing Yourself in New Technologies with Os Benari - February 6, 2024
- Episode #303: Laughing Our Way to Leadership – Finding Humor in the Journey with Katherine Lazaruk - January 23, 2024
- The Function of Life is to Feel - January 16, 2024