“How heavy is this glass of water?”
Answers called out ranged from 4 ounces to one pound.
The lecturer replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it.
- If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem.
- If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm.
- If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance.
- In each case, it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it,
the heavier it becomes.”
He continued – ‘And that’s the way it is with stress management.’
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.”
“As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.”
So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down.
Don’t carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you’re carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can.
Take a while to just simply relax. Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now.
Don’t pick it up again until after you’ve rested a while.
Life is short. Enjoy it!
Another step could be- The Be Your Authentic Self Program
- Episode #226: School of Self Realization with Sandra Vo - May 24, 2022
- 5 Steps to Keep a Handle on Your Burnout - May 17, 2022
- Episode #225: The Grammar Goddess Speaks with Susan Rooks - May 17, 2022